Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Got a Garmin Striker Ice 5 today!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Going to take the plunge into LCD this ice season. Been only a flasher (Vex, and I LOVE BOTH THEM!!!) man for over 20 years, but with today's advances in graph technology and CHIRP sonar, I want to try it. Plus I can have the gps in the unit and not just on my phone. Read and watched many positive reviews and videos on the Garmin Striker Ice pack. I'll put some reviews up when I get it and use it. But my FLX-28 WILL still be on the ice with me and turned on. Has anyone used this unit either on the ice or open water?  Love to hear feedback.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:12:23 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
sounds like a nice unit slab,i like garmin products,keep us posted.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab, you may not remember but I'm runnin the garmin 5 and striker 7 .. and the a scope mode is where you get real time sonar on the right side,  and chirp is nice ..last winter out on nimi we were watching the garmin 5,  your going to love it, ice fishing is a lot more fun since I started using mine, and when its not hard water it rides on my erie boat along with the stryker 7 , twitch your jig it will see 2 inches of movement . so now joel when we are out fishin we have to make sure we are on different freqs.  a lot of features you have , so cool
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's right!  That was an awesome unit!  I can't wait to experiment with it. You'll have to help me cut down the learning curve!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
anytime  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar