Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 08:48:43 AM

Author Topic: fish results 1/18  (Read 7921 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
fish results 1/18
« on: January 18, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »

fished  today, drilled holes in the pads and on the outside of the pads, didn't do any good at all but only fished from 3-5 pm, 2 guys that walked in when I got there had a decent catch. Wind was tough and sustained , the ice was 4" thick where I was but for some reason the bait store is getting reports of 7-8" of ice. Could be but not where I was, there was a large group of guys fishing in a bay area but when I left that entire group was already gone so I don't know if they did any good. The main thing is, the ice is still spotty around current areas, bridges , points , the normal places that freeze last..... and the snowmobiles are out in full force  :P

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Re: fish results 1/18
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »

Snowmobiles out already?  Wow!
Thanks for the report.  I'm planning on hitting it sometime later this week for sure.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:00:42 PM »

The snowmobile guys there are crazy, I've had them buzz right by my shanty before. I bought one just for icefishing. It will be a week or two before I bring it up, ice isn't thick enough. If you see me say hi I will be going slow enough. You can tell mine is for fishing with bucket holders on the sides.

bruce136

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »

the snowmobilers are something else. I have had them come into a bay and turn within feet of me. It was pretty irritating.
 Quack, make up a flag for yours. Skull and crossbones(ice rods as the cross bones).

bruce136

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 06:04:01 AM »

I'm thinking of making it up there Thursday or Friday(early). Hope to see some of you there!

ICE COLD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 06:24:49 AM »

About 5 of us are headed up Friday. Hows the parking at Long Island? Same thing every year, they have signs up at the bridge that says no parking but everyone does. Also, does it look like North Fork will have good ice? I have a buddy going to Indian Wednesday so hoping to get a good report from him.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 07:49:18 AM »

I didn't see any signs for no parking. I parked on the right right at the bridge. Bruce you will know it's me but I do have a skull decal for the front. Like I said everyone will know I'm fishing, you never see sleds going slow on Indian.

bruce136

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 08:22:10 AM »

ice cold. where are you heading up from?
 Quack,,, we will just look for the one that has more stuff on it than a man can use

g

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 08:41:50 AM »

Quackpots will be the sled in constant wheelie position from the weight of all his gear. LOL. I like it when the snowmobiles are going by as long as they aren't right beside me, it seems to get the fish moving. I have never had any sleds go by close to me so far. Lucky me.

firemedic17

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 09:54:21 AM »

going up today, after son gets out of school till dark,, those signs buy the bridge are real high in the tree??? not sure who puts them up there that high.

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:31:50 PM »

G I won't be pulling wheelies I have sleds to haul my stuff. Bruce I may resemble that remark. I had to put one shanty on top of the tonneau cover, bed is full.

g

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 08:17:19 AM »

I like that quackpot, sleds not sled. If I see a sled that resembles a train I will know it is you.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar