Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 01:41:03 AM

Author Topic: Ice at Indian  (Read 12395 times)

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ice at Indian
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »

Well it is not good at all one spot with 3 inches and it is a small spot there were guys out there but not enough ice to feel safe I am guessing when I say maybe by weds we will be out there so stay put for another couple days . Ratherbe will be out Monday and he will give you an update. Sorry guys it is not better news but hopefully by weds we can get out
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

toadfish

• View Profile
Re: Ice at Indian
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:32:18 AM »

Don't worry firefish, we won't shoot the messenger.

On a positive note, the forecast is looking real good!  At least on Intellicast.com.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Fishin 2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

Thanks for the heads up. It will give em a chance to get a little bigger anyhow !!! :D Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

Salmonid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »

LOL, yeah we fished the small spot ( about 1 acre in size) with about 60 other folks and manageds some decent gills, a small bass and a small perch between me, Tin Guppy and his buddy Steve.  I was supprised all those folks on the ice didnt submerge the whole area...LOL barely 3" and top 1/2" was crusty.  I agree it wasnt barely worth the effort to fish 2.5 Ft of water, wait another 3-4 days and I bet a whole lot of the rest of the lake will be fishable.  BTW someone went through on their way off the ice this afternoon. Right as we were driving out.

Salmonid

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

Thanks solamoid for the report a good friend of the family past away and the viewing was today so just got home and did not think it was worth hitting the ice for an hour can't go again till Friday so keep me informed still no 4 inches of ice and my prediction is jan 1 so we will see
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »

If you go be careful, follow the path. Salmonid to stopped to see if I caught keepers today. I was the fat guy in the lawn chair. Right after you left someone tried to walk straight out and went though. He got out ok but lost his equipment. After he left two other guys saved his stuff except auger to the bottom.

Dockdabber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »

Was at Long Island today, Man went through Ice about 40ft from shore, Lost all equipment but got off ok other than being wet,  Seen 2 sets of tracks at Black Hawk but nobody on Ice while I was there.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »

Guy's,

The ice is not safe yet. There will always be the guy's who go out early and end up ok but i feel that we can be patient and wait a few more good day's and give it a try.

Even then we must be very carefull.

Did anyone check the Moundwood ice? Has it been locked in? Snow on it?

any reports is appreciated.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »

David there was a little open water at the docks at moundwood and the north lane was not very open this morning. Quackpot did you get any keppers today?

DEEP FREZZE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

went fishing today at long island ice about 3in caught alot of dinks just have to be careful around 20 fisherman there

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »

yea I had a few, I was in the lawn chair. Had 1 gill that was 9" keep a few smaller ones but kept that to a minnium. Was given some that if I checked they would have swam away. The perch I had was longer than I thought it was 9". You tacked to me on the way out.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »

Ok so parts of long are ok, you think any other areas will be doable by wed?  Would like to hit moundwood/duns pond but wont if its not advised. What bait shop opens earliest? Anyone else fishing wed? Bonecrusher and I will be there prolly around sun up wed morn.

max

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »

wed will be to soon to get on duns pond and moundwood...the spot i have been fishing the past 3 days is getting worse each day....i will be lucky to get back on it in the morning....lots of water on top of the ice at 600 this evening as i was coming off.....did manage a nice eye and crappie....lots of small gills

g

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »

checked moundwood,cranberry,northfork & blackhawk today. all of the ice was gray slush ice 2-3 inches  thick. only saw people fishing long island & they were mostly catching small panfish. with the temps. they are calling for wed. through sat. most of indian should be fishable. hope we don't get any snow to impede making good ice. be sure to spud your path. be safe & good fishing.

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

Taking a buddy out tomorrow. Need some info on where to go for good ice. Won't be out until 3:30. If anyone is going to be on and don't care to have more company let me know.
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com
Pages: [1] 2

Pages: [1] 2
Print Print

Vexilar