Ice Fish Ohio Forum

main lake trip 2/12/10

crv423 · 8 · 4739

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
holhisle, firefish?, and I are going to try to get on the main lake tomorrow for some eyes and crappie, the area we are going to is a great soft water spot and should be a great ice spot, lots of structure including an old bridge, i am really exsited about this spot, if anyone would like to find out with us if this is as good as i think it will be gve me a pm or call 6144190359, sat i'm heading out with banker and his father inlaw if anyone wants to meet up then. I'll post how it turned out but if it's as good as i think i might not want to share next time  :D
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
walleyeguy is on board, meeting at cheshire market at 7am
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

JustNutts

crv thanks for the invite but not gona make it down. I actually have all Sat free so something is gona go down. Have a good trip guys.

muskarp

• View Profile
So, how did you guys do. I'm the guy that stopped out to check conditions around lunch. I ended up hitting the lower end. Picked up one 17" saugeye and a big mudpuppy at sunset. I'll be giving it a go all day tomorrow if anybody wants to join in.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It was nice meeting you today.

When I left Walleye guy had a few keeper Crappie and i had 1. It was slow. You made a good choice by going south. I think they are hitting the beach tom.

You should enter your Saugeye for the online tourney and win a Vibe.

Keep us posted.

David

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
all in all i would say it wasn't a bad day, a few crappie, whitebass, catfish, and one eye, rob lost one big eye at the hole. giving it a try again today if anyone wants to meet up 6144190359, it was also nice meeting pig puncher and muskarp.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i had a great time meeting some fellow ice men and fishing some new ice. the fishing was slow, but i'm gonna try that spot again. good structure, and we marked fish all day. maybe next time they'll bite instead of just look.

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
went back today. got a late start. sat home till the wife says "i thought you were going fishing". ::) when i got there, the sky was clear and blue. got 3 perch, 2 crappies, and 2 bluegills. may go back tomorrow.

Vexilar