Ice Fish Ohio Forum

13---- superstitious?

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
wanted to get an early start today with son in law. i called him at 6 o'clock. said he went sled riding last nite till midnite (after fishing all day), and call back in 45 minutes. no problem, i had to go to walmart to get propane for the heater. got the propane, head to check out line. being "old school", i don't like plastic money, and don't like self check out. they pay cashiers to take cash, and thats how i wanna do it at 6:30 in the morning. the only cashier open was # 13.  now i'm thinking i'm not superstititous, nothing bad will happen. got to the fishin' hole, and told son in law we're gonna use the spud bar, since we haven't fished here since the rain. ice was good, saw tracks where someone was out saturday. on the way out to their old hole, i saw a dark spot about 18 inches around. "here's why you take a spud" i say. gave it a whack, and it didn't even slow down. slipped from my hands into 15 fow.drilled a hole 4 feet away in 5 inches of ice. (his spud) got set up, he got a crappie and a bluegill. left me to fish while he went to shoot his new gun. shoulda went with him. fished all day and got a crappie and a bluegill. still beats work.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
That is why we need to spud everytime out on the water.

Please be safe.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
 this was a gravel pit in the park. mt. vernon.

Vexilar