Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Help the less fortunate

davek · 3 · 2239

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
What a great week we had fishing we are all truly fortunate to be able to enjoy this sport and yes David it is great to meet the new people on the ice. We were able to find a new spot for Walleye on the Mississippi this week at the Eastman Loch and dam, and even though i am not as brave as some  of my fellow fisherman (open water 60 feet deep is not my cup of tea) we found great fishing on better ice. got a couple nice walleye and spent today clearing the steps for our buddy who is less mobile so he can enjoy the fishing too. I guess what im saying is lets all think about the handicaped and oldtimers who are not so agile by saving that closest parking place, carrying a bucket, clearing a spot and generally looking out for those less fortunate you will also find a little kindness will give you free tips and lessons from those who have been fishing for years. Thats all for now be safe and teach a child to fish

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I like you more all the time. Dave and I have talked about the type of community you find on the ice, you are a great ambassador of our sport.

Good Fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Dave,

Great Job!

I have a friend that i met with on friday. His friend runs an organization that brings handicapped anglers out to fish. They would like us to help run a charity event to raise money for the organization.

As i learn more info i will pass it on to our members. This might be a great event for all of us.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar