Ice Fish Ohio Forum

EAST HARBOR

bass_38

• View Profile
This past year, my wife and I had some excellent luck believe it or not bluegill fishing in East Harbor...

Does anyone on here ever ice fish East Harbor and if so which section would I want to fish next week?

xtrema

Those gills over in east harbor and west harbor are called BULLgills.  There are some pigs in there.  Its gotten to be a pretty popular area for ice fishing the past couple years.  I'm sure after the cold we are expecting this weekend, there will be people out there. 

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Good Luck on them. I have hammered the Bass in east harbor and i am sure there is monster Blugill and Crappie. Posts some pictures when you get them.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

polarbear

• View Profile
 i have never fished east harbor through the ice but i go up 5 to 10 times a year to fish for them in the spring and fall and it the best crappie fishing in ohio i've never came home with less then 100 crappies in a day. I know they were catching bluegills out in the middle of the harbor 2 years ago but they killed the weedbed that was out there so i don't know if you can catch them there. but the channel that has the marathon station sign is the deepest channel and always holds fish. If you do anything up there productive i would like to here from someone.hope this was helpful and good luck.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Yup east harbor has been gettin a lot of pressure, still hols the fish

Mr. crappie will have to show me where those 100 are I never get more than 10?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

polarbear

• View Profile
there is only two places in east harbor that holds fish in the spring and in the fall there is many channels that hold them just have to fish until you find them in the fall the marinas that haqve woodin post hold crappies if they don't have post you prob won't catch crappies off them. If you need more info email me at [email protected] i'm not going to tell everyone about my spots took me a long time to figure them out.

chane16

• View Profile
I fished east harbor saturday with ywo of my buddies. we pulled more than 200 gills through the ice. kept 71 of them. there are some meaty ones in there. there was 8 inches of pretty good ice. Going back next weekend if the lake isnt ready yet.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Thanks for the tips polarbear, I will be sure to give ya an email, maybe even trade a spot or two with ya, or even fish it with ya!!

Got em there today!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the report. Great catch. Keep us posted.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar