Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Frabill Pro-Thermal Tip Up

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Picked up my first Tip Up! I bought the Frabill Pro-Thermal today, first impressions it's of good quality materials, spool'd with 25lb tip up line, barrel swivel, 6lb fluorocarbon leader 285) a treble, slapped my name and address on it will see how it performs tomorrow!
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Have you ever given any thought to a jaw jacker counts as a tip up in ohio and sets the hook for you I prefer them,saves from running to set hooks when flags pop up!they are a sponsor on the site check them out if you get a free moment
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
nah never used one, seen a lot about them though
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D Jawjackers are great , you use a rod in it detour depth and tension and wait for it to do off .It sets the hook and you fight the fish on the rod . I love them as they are compact light weight angle easy to use . Check out you tube to watch them work .

pdfish

• View Profile
JAWJACKERS  Are you sure they count as a tip-up in Ohio?  I called the ODNR and they said if it has a rod & reel they are not tip-ups, they count as
a rod.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
They were always classified as a tip up before unless something has changed
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Look toward the bottom of the site at the sponsor section, open JawJacker and there should be a thread in there entitled "JawJacker is considered a tipup by the ODNR, please print and carry with you". Or something like that. I don't think there are any changes. Tipups are unmanned fishing devices, so are JawJackers, riggers, Quickfishes, and the like. So they should fall under the same category, or at least that's what the ODNR letter said.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar