Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Better late than never .

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Who bribed Jack Frost to finally show up and stick around so we could get good ice ?

icejig1811

• View Profile
im def very anxious to get out this weekend and i know im not the only one out their its been a long couple years

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
The shallow ponds, lakes and bays will freeze for sure! Just saw 7 days in a row below freezing for highs. If the snow cover stays minimal the ice should gain 1/4 to a half inch a day! That means 5 or 6 days on the lakes that didnt thaw last weeks!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
We will be on the ice real soon now!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
When it gets here I'm planning on more and later,after dark , fishing. I ordered some Crappie Candles to try ,they should be here before this weekend. Thanks for the tip on them Slabslayer.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Those things work great.  And if your lure is glow, it automatically charges it!  I love them!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I know I will be staying late as well to make up for the short season. I also plan on doing at least 1 marathon trip where I just fish 24 hrs stright. I have also been thinking of taking my hub shanty out  and staying on the ice for 3-4 days and just sleeping in my shanty. What would be cool if we could get several guys to set up a shanty town on the lake and stay for a few days and it would some how raise money for a charity by how long we stayed out. Any ideas anyone?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's actually a cool idea. 

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I think we should do it for a charity that helps kids out. I know that there is a lot of guys on here that are laid off for the winter and have plenty of free time to do it. I'm sure that Big Daddy would be able to get us on the Cleveland channel 3 news to get the word out about what we are doing and why. We could get donations from people and businesses for each hr. that we spend on the ice without coming off. I bet a lot of people would come out just to see what its all about and bring donations and it would help get the word out about ice fishing. I have the wheels in motion now trying to figure it all out. I think it would be best to do it at Wingfoot because they allow over night parking and there is plenty of parking for guest. It is also a on the main route place that a lot of people know. Now to just figure out the charity. I personally think that it should help out less fortunate children in the local area. Let's keep this ball rolling guys.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Great idea I would be game just need to know so I can get a few days off work plus would need to bunk with someone since i don't have a shack.

Just wondering how would one use the bathroom if we can't come off the ice, how would ODNR feel bout us catching fish everyday since we would be fishing, guess there are a few what if questions to answer and i'm sure they will come.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think we could come off for bathroom.  I don't want to poop on the ice! ;D But if we leave our gear and hit the portapot, I think that would be ok.  Or see if a company would donate a portapot on the ice!!

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I just post a thread on my idea in the General Discussion and stickied it to the top of the page for everyone to see. Here is the link to check it out.

http://www.icefishohio.com/index.php?topic=9417.0

Vexilar