Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mogadore and Ladue motor rule changes!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just heard yesterday and its official starting 3/1/14, boats with gas motors and built in fuel tanks will be allowed on these lakes. It will be same as Nimi, Deer Creek, or any other electric motor only Lake. Awesome!!!!!!  Now I can find stuff for ice fishing with my side imaging and be ready for ice next winter!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Erie Tom

• View Profile
This is going to be interesting.  Was  there a HP limit mentioned?

I remember when they were kicking their feet and screaming  about electric motors should stay banned ;D

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It will be electric motor only. You can have any size gas motor, you just can't use it. It must be raised out of the water and use your trolling motor only.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

nixmkt

• View Profile

It will be same as Nimi, Deer Creek, or any other electric motor only Lake.  

This part is not true.

It must be raised out of the water.

Appears that is not correct either.

This info was posted by Nipididdee in a similar thread on ohiogamefishing.com:

Surprisingly, I received a call this AM asking to pass accurate info regarding regs in this thread as to avoid winter rumor mill.
Akron watershed superintendent is on board and had been part of discussed changes.
The following is in effect 3/1/2014
East Branch, Mogadore and LaDue boaters may use any size watercraft on the lakes.
Watercrafts are allowed to have gas outboards
AT NO TIME CAN GAS ENGINES BE POWERED-- you may NOT "powerload" etc...
If a watercraft has an EXTERNAL gas tank- it must be removed
If a watercraft has a built in/ internal tank it is acceptable to be on the water
Outboards DO NOT need be "de-propped" and they DO NOT need to be tilted out of water.
Electric motors ONLY may be used on waterways
Contact Phil Hillman ODNR/DOW DISTRICT 3 with any needed information

Here is the pertinent section of the OAC:
http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:31-13-07v2
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:09:10 AM by nixmkt »

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's what I thought. I wasn't clear on my post. It's the same as the lakes I listed for my Ranger with a built in tank. What you posted is 100% accurate. I was mistaken about tilting it out of the water. Thanks so much for posting that and clearing up the confusion. So glad these lakes are opened up to us with bigger boats. Way to go Akron watershed!   Kudos!  With us fishermen losing more and more access you opened up more to us. Hopefully more will follow your example!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar