Ice Fish Ohio Forum

3-8-14 Pizza Bay

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Well went out today with my uncle and really got into the large gills and crappie. Fished the same spot as always and still had at least 7-8 inches of ice left! The bite was slow with the crappie but they were down there, caught two nice keepers and had four come loose right at the hole  :-\ We fished from 1-7 and had about two dozen 8-9inch redears and four 10inch crappie so all in all it was a very good day, well other then the snow and wind coming out of no where ha ha

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good!   How were the edges holding up. I can't get back out until Tuesday. Hope it's still good enough by then. At least to pack on.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icefshrman31

• View Profile
How steep and long is the steep hill at PIZZA BAY. Guessing only one day left to try that spot this year. May be too late already....... not scheduled to be around much longer so I better go while I can. BUCKET LIST

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's not that bad if you go up at the back side. Just be careful.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

icefshrman31

• View Profile
How will I know if and when I've found the backside ? GIve a guess on this upcoming week's ice conditions.

crappiehunter

• View Profile
When we left on saturday the edges were a little soft but still holding up pretty good. The parking lot was a muddy mess though and we had one guy get stuck in there but managed to help him out. In my opinion today and tomorrow will probably be the last days to fish out there considering its not getting cold enough at night anymore and its suppose to start warming up here really quick. But im hoping to get back out today and tomorrow

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK I was wondering that. Today I can't fish, but am hoping to go tomorrow. I don't mind planking out if I have to.

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
yeah same here. i mean if worse comes to happen its not far off shore and i have my ice picks and its not that deep. It would be nice meeting some of you people out on the ice considering how much help you guys have been

Jinksy

• View Profile
Hey fellas,

New to the area... Myself and a buddy fished out by the C-4 boat ramp and did decent. Caught 10-10"+ crappie and several nice yellow perch. We are looking to go back out hopefully tomorrow night. Do you think it would be safe to be on the ice tomorrow night? We are new to ice fishing. We don't want to be in any danger and not know it. Any comments of advice will be greatly appreciated!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm hoping to go one more time tomorrow. If I do I'll let everyone know the ice conditions.

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
I'm on my way up there now. I'll let you guys know that status

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome! !  Thanks!

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
The ice is still good about. 6-7 inches but with this weather I don't give it long

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well guys don't have to work tues 3-11  maybe ill see you guys out there.  when I was out sat the ice was still 13" off the main boat ramp and towards dam.. I imagine there is a lot of water on top now ..be safe...spud your way if you feel unsure, stay clear of spider areas, wear cleats and carry your spikes. this time of year the ice can go so fast its crazy.. :o  and fish 31  you don't have to climb hill at pizza bay you can bust a move from the boat launch on east side its easy walk couple hundred yards
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Crappiehunter,that was me you pulled out to main st.Thank you so much for helping me out,didnt have a chance to thank you once i hit Main st. thanks again Bud  ;) ;) ;) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar