Ice Fish Ohio Forum

update 12-14

crv423 · 6 · 3843

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
We've been fishing alum hard the last two days without great success, ice seems to be good just about everywhere, but don't take my word fr it always check with a spud. Galena has been hit or miss, guys are still pulling crappies out but not like early season, I've tried in the mouth ofbig run of the road bed, markd alot but didn't catch alot but we did catch species. We tried in the mouth of the sail club yesterday and didn't mark anything, I did have one good hit and lost one halfway up, other than that no one got a hit, but we did leave before prime time because somone had to get home and cook his wife dinner, I'm thinking tues. we'll try nfront of the beach towards te dam for eyes and perch, if dave will let me pick the next spot, cause my last two picks weren't great. We'll put dinner for our wifes in the oven before we head out so we can stay till prime time.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Thanks for being subtle- great fishing with you guys yesterday- all in all everything turned out with Dinner (although she made it-she appreciated you guys giving up early for her V-Day gift)
Anyways- fish or no fish- I learned a lot ::) yesterday about ice fishing at Alum Creek and can at least check another lake off my list to ice fish.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
wipppiisssshhhhh! You asked me how I was going to spell it. ;D
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Team Mac

That is realy funny....I am taking that as a whip snapping.....LOL

muskarp

• View Profile
You guys didn't miss anything by leaving early. I marked and caught nothing else after you guys left. Gave it one last try today. Marked a couple of fish around 5pm in the same area I had been working. No takers.
Just as I thought. My meathead dog does not listen! As we were coming off the ice toward the parking area we both looked up at the same time to see a 'yote standing on the lake about 50yds from shore on the next point south. Orion broke for it and chased him into the woods south of the lane before I could dig out my transmitter and hit him with a shock. He was so far off I could barely hear him yelp when it hit him.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Muskarp,

You have a great dog. I am assuming she is ok. It is amazing how many of them are out there. We saw 2 chasing a group of deer across big run after you left the other day. They are out of control. They have been killing pets over around little turtle last week.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar