Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sleds

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am looking for a sled that I can use to haul my ice gear and a kid fishing anyone have a good sled for under $80?

I mostly have rods,auger,vex, hunting blind  (ice shanty) and buckets or chairs

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Check gander mountain they have a couple different styles,they are just flat bottom sleds that could be modified to your needs.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
So does the Fin.  They have a good selection too.  Dicks in North Canton has them too, saw them yesterday, and they were on sale.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Fishin 2

• View Profile
Do yourself a favor and spend the cash on a tub style ice sled. Tried that kids sled stuff and you'll spend more time picking up stuff than what it's worth. A tub style is alot heavier duty, lasting alot longer. You can get a small jetsled for around 60.00, medium size is around 90, larger ones are 125.00, magnums are 175.00. I use mine deer season also to haul deer ahen needed. Put a set of ski's on the bottom so they don't wear out very fast too. Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

plantguy

• View Profile
I took a kid sled put a frame made out of furring strips on it. Set a cooler(camera goes in) cushion bucket etc. Put some pvc to hold rods everything gets bungied into place. Works good and it was fun to build with my boy. We had everything laying around. Boy sits on the cooler with a boat cushion. I sit on the bucket with a boat cushion. I don't pull my boy though (He is 6' 175lb now) he would like me to pull him  Ha.  We have decided that some of the best fun with ice fishing is making stuff out of junk that works. Do not need to spend alot.  Worst thing I did was buy under water camera.  Works good but always messing around with it and sometimes don't get the fishing done. In all good times.

skunkedagain

• View Profile
I used a kids sled that I modified for my gear. It works great and didn't break the bank. I posted pics under sled help.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
My wife got me a nice solid sled for $60 at Dick's
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I've got a Shappell Jet Sled and my buddy has the otter Sled. Both really good quality.  We fit all our gear in them and they still pull easy.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Bowhunter57

• View Profile
wis2ohio,
I had a Shappell Jet Sled Jr., but sold it to my brother so that I could upgrade to the standard Jet Sled 1...which is a little larger. About $25 for the Jr. and about $35 for the standard, at MC Sports. The Jr. is 43" x 21" and the JS 1 is 54" x 25" and both have about an 8" depth with a ribbed bottom. These sleds are tough as nails.

Bowhunter57
George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British...he shot them.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
check out my pics of my sled  i built from parts, hope it gives ya some ideas, ya dont have to buy... ;D  look in sled help
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
i went to lowes a few years ago & bought a mixing tray for under $15.oo. it's 2ft. by 3f. & carries everything i need. if you go light,  there might be room to pull a child in it.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I stopped out at a&c a couple days ago and he had 2 nice sleds for sale. I think he was running a sale as well. If you need a sled of a different size let him know and he will get it for you. He will get you whatever you want for a good price and he almost always beats any of the big box stores.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar