Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Central Ohio Cabela's opens March 7th

ohiodave

• 57 yrs old
    • View Profile
 ;)where fellas?  I'll be in Dayton in a couple. Origionly from Urbana   
you can't get hit by a train if your not on the tracks!!!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Cabelas is a nice store but in my oppinion they are a little pricey and there selection on certain sections or items(like ice fishing) is limited.You can find better deals and selection at most of our local mom & pop stores!just saying.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Bowhunter57

• View Profile
Ntoiceman36,
As much as I like walking around in a Cabelas store, I have to agree with you, about the pricing...and the mom & pop stores.

The Bargan Cave is another issue. I've found some very good deals there.

Bowhunter57
George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British...he shot them.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It will be fun to walk around and find some things that we haven't seen.

I still like to support the small guy and the tackle stores, especially that our sponsors. They understand Ohio ice fishing.

They also will get whatever you need.

They provide us more than product, They also give ice reports and go out of there way to give us great service.

You will not get that from a chain store.

This reminds me that the site would not be able to continue with out there support.

Thank You Guys!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ILfisher

• View Profile
I agree with Dave also. It's a neat window shopping destination.  I bought all my gear from Bass Pro Indian Lake and Levan's until Wayne passed.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I'll be there everytime I go to Deer and Turkey Expo.  Then to the Tilted Kilt for Lunch!  ;D
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I like to window shop there too, it gives me ideas and then I can buy locally.  Land Big Fish up in Akron is a local store that had everything for fishing.  Jeff is a great guy up there. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
the big chain stores have their uses like when you need it now.  But mom n pop are the way to go for sure.  I've alway gone back to the local bait shop before I go home to relay any info discovered while on their lakes.  We need to help them get the right info to their customers so we can all catch fish.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's so true all the way around!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
went to the one in michigan last year on my way to cadillac. it was a neat place to visit but as mentioned before, pricey on some items, ridiculous on others. i bought some ice gear on clearance, just because i was there. the thing that impressed me, (probably because of the poor ice conditions last year), they had a bulletin board with ice conditions, what's bitin' where, river fishing info, etc. michigan has a real ice season and you can buy basic gear at wally world (hand augers, scoops, etc.)
 if i was gonna drop some bucks, i'd rather go to the fin.

Vexilar