Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Garmin product support-not impressed

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Let me start by saying it was not the people I spoke with.  They were all super nice and professional. But the way they handle product support is totally ignorant.  Got my Striker ice 5dv setup yesterday and started assembly of the ice bundle. There was a bag of hardware missing that contained 3 screws, 2 nuts, 2 bolts, and 2 Velcro battery straps. Ok. No big deal, mistakes happen, so I called them and thought they could just send me the missing bag of parts. NO!!  They said they aren't set up that way and all they could do was for me to send the entire unit back and they'd send me a complete new box. They'd pay for all shipping but I'd have to go thru the hassle of all that. After telling them what I thought of that idea, I went to the hardware store and completed my unit for $6. Velcro and all. Looks like it'll be a great unit, but I hope there's no issues. They're setup for customer service sucks. If I need something from Clam or Vexilar the lone part is in the mail same day no questions or hassles. I'll post more when I actually get to see the unit in action. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I hear ya slab. Is amazing the way some of these companies operate. Lowrance has some equally brilliant policies. I have thought of opening up a common sense consulting firm. I could be rich!!!

g

• View Profile
Sounds like where I work. If it makes sense, it won't happen. Why do things the easy way when you can inconvenience your customer.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
dam dude that's a shame right out of the gate you had trouble, but I have confidence your goin to like the garmin .     ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Minnowhead

• View Profile
They took care of me. Flawless service.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Vexilar