Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Melting Snow and Ice

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey Guy's,

We are having our usual Jan. thaw and its happening when we all will have time to go out and fish with the Holliday weekend.

This is the time when accidents can occur because of the water weight on top of the ice. Experienced ice fisherman can probably fish these types of conditions but i would recommend everyone to take a couple of day's off and spend time with the family.

We will get a real cold blast of air shortly and everything will lock back up.

If you have to get out and fish remember that you can get on the Docks at Alum, CJ Brown, Rocky Fork and i am sure many others. Play it safe as the season is just starting. We were just blessed with an early taste of ice fishing.

Please be safe! Life Jackets, Pics, rope and a partner is a must!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

let it freeze

• View Profile
This is just my luck we had ice for 2 weeks now and I couldn't get out cause of christmas and now I get a chance and the weather turns around.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Let it freeze I feel your pain. I work in retail and have been crazy busy for 2 weeks. Now that it has slowed down the weather has turned.  >:(
turkey09

let it freeze

• View Profile
I'm going to give it a try sun.with a buddy of mine.Don't know if I'm going to Indian or buckeye.Depends on ice( and what time INLAWS LEEEAAAAVVVEEE)

JustNutts

my pond had 6-7 inches of good ice 2 days ago.. EVERY LAST BIT IS GONE. stained water now.. Not lookin good.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Boots Cleats/Spikes
Hand Spikes
Rope
Life Jacket
Whistle

All ESSENTIAL ICE GEAR... ESPECIALLY DURING A THAW
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

A@C

• View Profile
Their calling for a 1/2 of rain tomorrow! That won't be good,the temps next week look like a slow ice maker! Let's hope the rain blows by

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If your not sure dont go. Be SAFE out there. It wont take long for the ice to back to good again
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar