Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First time out for the year!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Well it has been two years so I went to Lake Medina and hit it this afternoon.  I felt like a rookie, bird nested my two rods, froze my hands off taking a rinky dink bluegill off a hook that swallowed it.  Only I can invent a way to bird nest two rods in three foot water with a bobber!  Ice was 1.5 inches so I stayed in 3 foot of water and then I get back to the truck with numb hands and realize I left the 250 wax worms on shore.  Grumble FBomb, etc.  go back get those and lady walking her dog said did you catch any fish?  I laughed so hard and said yes a couple but nothing to write home about.  This weekend I get the kinks out.  I thought it was like riding a bike guess that is not the case.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Of course it was good to feel the fresh air and watch those silly ducks and geese cackle around.  Oh and I forgot to mention before I hit the lake opened the outhouse door and there is a guy in there taking a deuce.  Why does this happen to me?
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
LOL!  I'm hitting some ponds this morning and Palm this afternoon.  Keep you all posted.  Glad you made it out Jim!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Minnowhead

• View Profile
 The only way that story gets any funnier is if you knocked on the outhouse door and the guy inside says,"Come in!"   ;D
Great story,man.  I'm heading out this a.m. and hope it is as much fun as yours! LOL
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

A@C

• View Profile
Jim split those wax and leave some at home you don't want them freezing

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I also caught my first ones through the ice yesterday going to try and find something better right now!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Thanks A@C guess I had big plans bringing 250 for the first time out.  Like a kid in a candy store with 10 bucks.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar