Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Reporting and asking about Lakes

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
The specific lakes people talk about seem to always end up in the general discussion board.  Then Dave has to move them to their proper home.  What if there was a pop up window when you logged in just stating if you are talking or discussing a lake in Ohio click here and it takes you to the different Lakes.  It sould save Dave time from moving posts on a daily basis now.  Or put the general discussion below all the lakes so people do not see that first.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
I have got to say I hate scrolling for what seems like forever to find the specific lake I want to talk about. A lot of the lakes on here aren't even fished. I think a new layout would help keep the traffic up on the site. I am on the computer a lot and on a bunch of different forums and from what I can see the more simple the layout the more involvement from others. Just my .02
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I agree there has to be a better way to get around the site quickly.  What if you just put up one tab that says lake conitions and reports and then it opens the spread sheet to all the different lakes.  Makes the site much more user friendly.  That being said I have to go check Lake Medina and Chippewa.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You took the words out of my mouth!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I will have to check with my computer guys to see what is available. Please remember that when you want to do a ad on or change that is not the site that is not automatically built in that it costs money to create.

I will check and see what can be done to make it easier. I can move the Lakes Boards up so you don't have to scroll down so far.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
WOW. I guess I never realized how hard it is to scroll down a single page to find your lake that is already in alphabetical order. All of these different boards are so everything can stay organized. That way when you want to look for reports for a specific lake you dont have to scroll down multiple pages of a bunch of random reports and weed thru all of those reports that I dont care about from lakes I will never fish like on OGF.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Perhaps we could post a page from this fine calendar at every lake forum and people would scroll through the boards more frequently?   ;D Just Sayin'  8)
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
IM scrolling through it now,guess you were right ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

skunkedagain

• View Profile

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
For a jason mitchell rod, if dave gives me the access i would assist in moving things to the proper place. Hell my 11 month old is laid up with the flu. What else can i do??
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I think it is a nice set up just slightly out of place. The categories could easily be moved around for the time of year specific agenda. Intro's and gen discuss in one category then have the lakes then the rest of the site below your lakes. A little arrangement I think is all we need. I also think we have enough knowledge here to get away from paying for so much, I used to have a forum, I ran out of time to spend on it but when I did it is a pretty simple process. Oh well, I love it here if nothing changes I'll still be happy!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I think it is a nice set up just slightly out of place. The categories could easily be moved around for the time of year specific agenda. Intro's and gen discuss in one category then have the lakes then the rest of the site below your lakes. A little arrangement I think is all we need. I also think we have enough knowledge here to get away from paying for so much, I used to have a forum, I ran out of time to spend on it but when I did it is a pretty simple process. Oh well, I love it here if nothing changes I'll still be happy!

Me too!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
I just found this site a month ago and I don't know how I got along without it.
Let's all remember that posts are best put in the right place by the posting party.
I fish all lakes and rivers in Lorain county. Wellington beginning with a W is always at the bottom. Sure I have to scroll but it is always there in the same spot. I mean really my 3 year old daughter navigates to the pictures and videos portion of this site on my phone with little to no problem. I am a new member but I have visited a lot of sites and this is The best Ohio site on the internet.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
I like the site. My idea is just an idea to create more traffic.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

coreymon

make one category called ICE FISHING REPORTS and put it at the top of the home page or just beneath the "general discussion". within that category people will create threads like LAKE ERIE ICE FISHING or LAKE ST. STUPID. within the threads people will add comments about those locations. scrolling down to a specific category for a specific lake is micromanaging what should be fairly simple category.get rid of all of the individual lake categories. make it simple and more people will use it. also grouping all of the locations together makes for a more active and interesting category.

Vexilar