Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 10, 2024, 01:23:09 PM

Author Topic: Fishing with Tyler (apprentice)  (Read 3199 times)

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Fishing with Tyler (apprentice)
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »

it wasn't an ordinary morning....at 4:29 I awoke before my 4:30 alarm...typically not the norm. Very awake and was out of the house within minutes- also not m mo..something was different. A different look in my eye, smell in the air, feeling all around.....it was my first day on the ice!

I was on a mission...it all started 2 weeks ago and the plan had come together nicely. I met up with Tyler an hour before dawn and without delay we scurried off to the lake. Approaching the second pull off at Long Island, we are the first ones there. Ice on the left is in terrible shape. No worries Plan B,C, and D were all mapped out 24 hours before hand.

Plan B worked like a charm - fished pony island all day (ratherbe showed us the spot two seasons ago) and after a day filled with laughter, food, songs, and yes Fish! we were two very happy husband's returning home with time to spare for supper and plenty of fish stories to boot! we both caught a perch and were neck and neck all day, I caught a fish ohio gill which made the trip worth it in and of itself. Great to finally get out. Now I can stop driving my friends and family nuts with all my pre fishing chatter.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing with Tyler (apprentice)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »

my day didnt go quite like that.  spud bar went through on the first hit every spot we checked. except for the pond at the campground. it was three inches there ,but a very nervous three inches. im 200 plus pounds and i dont care to be cold and wet at the same time. didnt mark any fish in any of the holes we punched. should have went to indian
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing with Tyler (apprentice)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »

Great job Banker man you sounded excited on the phone last night. See what happens when you go I knew you could do it bro
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar