Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Found tackle

Basshawk

• View Profile
I was on Kiser today and came across a bucket half frozen in the ice. In the bucket was a stocked tackle box and a few other small items. The area looked like someone had went through a while ago and left their stuff. If this is yours or you know who it belongs to pm me with a decsription of the box and some of the contents along with a phone number and I will make sure you get it back. As for the fishing it was slow, 2 big crappie, 1 perch, and about 20 gills of which 5 were keepers.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
If it was out from the marina it towards the middle it may belong to the 2 young guys from Englewood. They went out there Saterday on 2-2.5" no spud or checking as they went, it scared me to watch them. I seen them leaving with their stuff still on the ice.

Gobucks

• View Profile
Plan on hitting kiser in the morning! How was the ice? Any words of advice? I'm a newbie to this site. Anyone plan on being there? I would like to meet some of you guys! My buddy and should be there around 7:45! We will be driving a trailblazer! Anyone out and about give us a yell!

Salmonid

• View Profile
Thanks again BassHawk, Nick was happy to hear you had his stuff and grateful to get it back! Thanks again for doing the right thing!

Salmonid

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Way to go basshawk most people these days wouldnt have done what you did ,good things are paid forward ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Basshawk

• View Profile
We all can imagine the feeling of losing our favorite box of ice jigs, Im glad we were able to find the rightful owner and that he survived the ordeal. Hopefully he will be more careful in the future.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hey Basshawk nice job I am glad we have you and other guys that do that for others here
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

megan66

• View Profile
I put my name and ph0ne number on all my tackle boxs, and rods!

I helped a guy jump his truck last year and threw my lure box on top of my truck, because he was in a hurry.

Didn't remember to grab it, and put it back in my truck, next morning got a call from a guy who was driving down 33, and saw it on the side of the road, where it finally flew off. It was a mile or so from where I was fishing!!!!!! wow! he said come get it! Couldn't drive fast enough to get there!!!!

There were tons of vibes, spoons, jigs, stick baits, etc in this box! I didn't even know I had lost it!

God bless him, and all the other honest guys or gals that find and return things to the rightful owners!

Amen!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:02:14 AM by megan66 »

Vexilar