Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2 Black Betty 6061 reels for sale

networthy

• View Profile
If anyone wanted the NEW Black Betty 6061 reel and didn't get one, I have two for sale.  They came via FedEx yesterday(12/7/2012).  One of the reels is still in the packaging, the other I took out and spun the reel and pressed the free spool.  I use reels that wind on the right side, or that can be switched to right side.  True, one could flip the reel 180 degrees and the handle would be on the right side, but I would have to wind in the line backwards.  Not going to work for me.  I am selling the reels for the origional price $206.85.  If interested call or txt 4192345220.  If there is no interest by 12/16, I will try to send them back.  I preordered them from Fish USA.
Garett

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
how did u arrive at that price?  i looked at em on fish usa and they only cost 40.00 each
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

networthy

• View Profile
You are looking at the wrong reel.  You looked up the Black Betty by 13 fishing.  I am selling a Black Betty 6061 by 13 fishing.  If you copy and paste the following, it should take you to an image and better description at Reeds Sporting Goods: 13 Fishing Black Betty CNC 6061 Ice Reel - BB6061.  Fish USA site says the are out of stock until October.  When I googled 6061 Black Betty, I was able to find them at 2 or 3 shops, one of which was fish usa.  I preordered 2.  A couple of days later I tried the same search and fish usa didn't come up any more, because they had "pre-sold" all of the reels that they were alloted.  The 6061 BB is a limited production model this year, with something like 200-350 of them being released this year.  I don't knkow why they would make two different reels and give them almost the exact same name.
I have been informed that by taking the reel apart and switching a disk around that it will crank in the propper direction, so I will try this with the opened package tonight and see just what a pain in the butt it will be.  If it isn't a big problem, I will go ahead and do it to the other reel and keep both of them.
I am anxious to try them out, they should work great on deeper water and eliminate most if not all line twist associated with spinning reels.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
thanks for the clarification
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

networthy

• View Profile
If anyone else has the same issue with these reels, please contact me.  I can get you instructions to reverse the one way clutch.  Another ice addict gave me the proper instruction to do it myself in about 5 minutes.
The reels are no longer for sale.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
is that the price for just the reels or were they combos?  pretty pricy,  gold plated?  lol
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Vexilar