Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice report, January 21

Eyejigs17

• View Profile
For all those wondering...ice is still every bit of 6 inches. Yesterday was the best day for us so far. Got 8 keepers on the ice. Today is proving to be much slower.....maybe the strong winds??

Love2fish

• View Profile
Eyejig - Nice day on the ice.  Thanks for the report.  What did you catch them on?

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Good job on the eyes, but I count 9 lol. We were there Sunday and caught around 10-15 eyes but they all were under 15". Just a few panfish. Hoping to hit it Sunday again.

g

• View Profile
Nice job Eyejigs17. Looks like you had an enjoyable day. Was it a morning, evening or all day bite and what depth were you fishing? Any info is greatly appreciatd.

Eyejigs17

• View Profile
Haha, you're right. It was 9. There were 3 of us fishing that day, we lost at least twice as much as we caught. Caught most of them in tip ups with bass minnows just off the bottom. Had a few hits on vibes too. We were out there all day 8-5. No time was particularly better, they seemed to be hitting in spurts. We fished just off Fairfield beach. Hope that helps! Good luck.

g

• View Profile
Thanks, I appreciate the info. Hopefully I will get my truck back today so I can get out and fish this weekend. Going through withdrawls since I haven't on the ice ifor a week.

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey g hope you can come out I'm gonna try to put up my green shelter n pull an all nighter stop by n see me if u can too the original poster eyejigs 17 thanx for good post n was wondering if u meant directly closer too the beach or the flat closer to the l shape dock slips saw sum guys over that way too if u don't mind sharing pm would even b ok
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Vexilar