Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 16, 2024, 05:40:39 PM

Author Topic: Ice conditions on sat 1/30/10  (Read 3745 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Ice conditions on sat 1/30/10
« on: January 30, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »

I did the dirty work today and drove all around Indian 2day. Blackhawk/Lucy's hole had good ice fished there 4hrs had a few little gills/ 2 hits on a vib out front of B.H but no fish/ Moundwood was iced over but couldn't get on ,maybe 1-2inches at most. Cranberries saw 1 guy out there I dont know how he got out cause the edges were junk. Long Island you can get on the south side where the water comes close to the road on both sides,north side was junk by the road. There are  or was a bunch of guys parked by the bridge , I did real good on the crappies on the south side , herd they were getting gills on the north side of the road but the edges were still a little junkie. I went back to the south side today I got there too late and probally left too early I only had a few crappies but they were nice ones. Oconners/ North fork I saw 5 or so guys out there but stay away from the mouth of North Fork ,if you park @ the dead end be very very careful looks like its only skimmed over with 1-2 at most.I hit a few other places I dont know the right name but I call one of them gerominos camp site, I went back there for an hour or so , water was very cloudy ice was okay at best. No fish though.Gonna go back Sunday I will probally hit LI on the south side down by the bridge pink and yellow seem to be the best Friday, I will bring my shanty tomorrow the wind was a little stiff today. good luck and be careful ,just because you see somebody out there doesnt make it safe.Good thing no sleds on the ice where I was at.

Bassnpro1

• View Profile
Re: Ice conditions on sat 1/30/10
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »

Thanks for the report.  I plan on fishing LI in the morning, hopefully the ice gets a little better tonight.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »

I think I speak for everyone when I say THANKS for the in depth report. I am heading there 2morrow and appreciate the heads up. wanted to try cranburry but might try dunns now, again THANKS.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:23:18 PM »

I 2 was at Black Hawk this morning from 9-1 Only caught 2 keeper gills (7in keeper rule for me)Caught alot of non keepers 5-6 in.Than went to LI caught more dinks until 5pm.This ice season is starting to suck for dinks.STILL BEATS GOING TO WORK ON A GOOD DAY!

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:59:14 PM »

fishing was tough this weekend. only saw dinks caught at blackhawk. my buddy did catch on keeper crappie in the channel on the way out. ice was good every where we checked. 5 inches at lucy's pond.  hey ice bucky i made it to north fork. ice was firming up on the edges. use your spud bar though and check it for yourself. only caught on keeper gill there. wind was terrible. almost went ice sailing setting up the shanty
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar