Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hand Ice Auger Poll

Guest · 29 · 12800

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
What does it take to put an edge back on. Can't you do it by hand?
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

JustNutts

I talked to strikemaster today.. they asked for the numbers on the blades... so im assuming they have problems with the blades from china like somebody said in another reply.. So i think they are sending me some new ones

JustNutts

I would suggest buying from strikemaster anyday. GREAT customer service. They got back to me within 5 minutes and already have the blades in the mail.. CHINA was the problem.. hmm

fweii

Russ, did they let you know what the #'s on the blades that they were having trouble with?

JustNutts

Russ, did they let you know what the #'s on the blades that they were having trouble with?
Nope im afraid the didnt, and i didnt think to ask until after the fact.

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
I just bought a Nils 6" after trying the lazer and Moras. I will highly recommend the Nils.
I have two bad shoulders one that had surgery and I was getting tired of smelling like gas. So, I started searching the sites for hand augers and seems like the Nils was the one that got the nod.
The Nils you don't have to put any pressure on the top of handles, which you can't because you use both hands simultaneously to turn, the auger just digs itself into the ice. Very easy and cuts 10" of ice in 10-15 secs, without sweating.
The Nils costs a little more but is very much worth it, not made in China, made in sSweden. Very cool design on blade which is more to replace, but there are places to get it sharpened for less.

panfisher1402

• View Profile
I bought a 8" lazer this year and was having the same trouble with the last inch of ice. I replaced the blades on my own. $42.00 about half the price of the whole auger. OUCH

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
ANYTHING BUT GAS lol
Diameter is a major factor.

I have the mora 6in and 3, 8's
All work great just keep your blades in good shape!

Gas augers are a waste IMO
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

spoonchucker

• View Profile
i have been using an old mora with the offset handles, 7 in cant beat it. bought a lazer when they first came out i think... dont like it at all,has the handle centered over the blades awkward to use. when my mora breaks ill be picking up a nils 6 in, looks like its by far the best design out there. dont like noisy gas augers

let it freeze

• View Profile
Nils all the way!Had all the others and Nils beats them all.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I have a Strikemaster Mora that folds in half for transporting and easy storage.  It has been a very good auger for 18 years.  Mine was made in Sweden, not China.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

spoonchucker

• View Profile
another very good looking design is the normark fin bore III, the only review was good too (has the offset handles i prefer)

ice phisher

• View Profile
Mostly do panfish and some walleye (inland) so a 6" Mora gets it done for me......Have used my buddy's 8" Lazer and have to come to somewhat of a liking for it.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
4" Mora
6" Lazer
8" Lazer

Thick ice conditions over 8" call for the 4" Mora

As I'm getting older, my preferences are rapidly leaning towards the 4" Mora
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar