Ice Fish Ohio Forum

lake erie sat.

crv423 · 6 · 4326

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
walleye are moving in shallow, caught 2-24" and 2-21" in 35fow to 25fow have heard reports of them being caught in 16fow also caught 30 14'' white bass in an hour and a few perch all in all was worth the trip.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

JustNutts

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
yeah, I can't wait to fish Erie during the hard water season. I've lived in Ohio my entire life and ice fished since I was a wee one but never ice fished Erie. I'm definitely fishing it this season. speaking of, does anyone got any tips on fishing Erie for perch and walleye, from tactics to safety. Any info would be highly appreciated. 
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

JustNutts

Safety--- Uh... Its can be pretty exciting!! I was up the day before all those people got stranded out there 2 years ago.. Its different up there because at indian you may be in a little slush with 6 in of ice.. Erie you may be swimming in a foot or more of slush and be on 15in of ice. To me it was a very crazy experience the first time. I went North and West of the islands wayyyy out and seeing nothing but ice was intense. The air boat is cool, and it looks like mountains as far as you can see from the flows backing up on each other.

I plan to go up and walk out a few hundred yards and panfish this year, but affording a guide is out of the question I think.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hey Chris,
     The one you need to ask is Jonny (Ohiofisher) he and his dad have it pretty well patterned! He'd be the first one I'd ask. You can also look him up on his website at www.ohiooutdoors.org
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
WARM WINTER TRENDS POINT TO A SHORT SEASON ON ICE. ERIE MAY HAVE ONE WEEKEND OF GOOD ICE THIS YEAR.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar