Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 04:03:18 PM

Author Topic: Looking for eyes  (Read 7105 times)

Roaddogfishin

• View Profile
Looking for eyes
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »

Been out every night and no eyes.
Need help not from here so fishing at night and not being knowledgeable of the lake is very difficult. So awls I have is my GPS like map in depth chart to go by. So any recommendations of places to go would help a lot.  Or if anybody would like to go out just let me know plenty of gear to fend for my my self. What I don't have is any knowledge and good conversation while I am fishing

Jigmup

• View Profile
Re: Looking for eyes
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:55:30 PM »

I haven't been that way yet this year but plan to hit it this weekend.
I have heard that a lot of the places where anglers take them aren't being fished so I plan to try those areas unless someone would be generous enough to point me and you in the right direction. I have never had a bad outing through the ice on Indian but usually there is already a pattern established and I take advantage of that.

With that said, you are welcome to hook up with me Saturday morning and go looking for them. I tend to drop meat instead of jerking Vibe's.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »

The eyes that are being caught for the most part have been suspended, some that I've seen were caught in 6 fow but suspended as shallow as 2 fow and most are caught on small spoons with no " meat" on the hooks. It's been a tough year at Indian this season for the most part, there have been a few lucky ones hit it just right then there have been others who always limit every time they go out, except when you go with them

Jigmup

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »

sounds about right wapak!
Any general areas we should focus on. I know Moundwood has been fished but have heard its not the greatest. Paradise point is where I may try. Maybe Blackhawk as well.

Roaddogfishin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »

I have been in Blackhawk two nights this week and no luck. But I did talk to a guy when I got there and he said that he caught a few small ones.  I notice There are a lot of holes In the ice there. He also said that the am is best for Blackhawk. I am working 6 10hr days so night time and Sundays For me.

Jigmup

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »

how was the ice at Blackhawk?

Roaddogfishin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »

I was out on Lucy's pond and the stump area no luck on marking fish. The ice is 5" but starting to thin. The mouth of blackhawk was open water. It was ok ice there Monday but not now close to the mouth back in is still good ice though. I had luck making fish at night in deeper water like governors cove. I at lest caught two cats there and was marking fish.

g

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »

I wanted to fish Paradise today but my buddy wanted to fish deeper water so we fished North Fork. Didn't mark many fish. No bites for me and 1 short for my buddy on a green pimple in 7 ft. of water.

Jigmup

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »

Fished Blackhawk and Paradise Saturday.
Only fished Paradise for about an hour. Marked 1 good fish there. Spent the morning and evening on Blackhawk. We caught maybe 18 saugeyes but only kept 1 16 incher. Most of them were cookie cutters at 14.5 inches. Most fish came in the mouth of Blackhawk. Had probably 6 inches of good hard ice when we got there but by the time we left the ice was going fast with 2/3rds of it full of air.
When the sun came up and the wind started blowing, slabs of ice were breaking off in the open channel running east to west.

Fish caught on buckshots, flyers, raps and VibE's
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:33:19 AM by Jigmup »

g

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:45:07 AM »

Great report Jigmup. Glad you caught fish and stayed dry.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar