Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye 12-26

riverrunt

• View Profile
Went out by the marsh today fishing was slow where i was and picked up couple hours before dark.Caught about 15 gills and 5 crappie on small jigs/waxies.Walking back about halfway to fairfield beach couple of guys on quad/trailer asked if i would like a ride back to the parking lot and i said sure.Come to find out it was doug stewart i knew him from high school days.Thanks Doug i appreciated the ride back.He had bucket with a bunch of big bluegills.He also guides on the lake and provides shuttle service to pull all your gear out.I am going to  use that my four man shanty about kills you pulling it out and back.Ask mike (heaven bound) he will vouch for that .Going back tomorrow for round three.

JustNutts

Sounds like Doug has a pretty good operation goin

Phil Carver

• View Profile
Went out this morning. I was set up just north east of the island that you pass on the way out to the marsh. I only ended up with 3 gills. Fished from just before day light until noon. Thought for sure that the eyes would slam my tip ups with the way the wind was jigging them today.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
That is cool that you met Doug out on the ice. Doug will haul you and your gear out to the marsh for $5. If you want a ride just flag him down.

We also rent the Shanty out and provide full service guided trips. If you want to set up a day just call me at 614-361-5548.

Thanks
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar