Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Hey guys.. new to site.. Mainly fish Atwood..Berlin.. and mosquito.. mainly target walleye but will switch to crappie n other panfish to give my vibee jiggn arm a rest. haha.. would like to try one of these southern ohio lakes for saugeyes. Dont know too much about the ice bite on saugeyes. Im assuming close to the same tatics as walleye.. vibees and raps? Minnow heads or tails for a bit of scent.. Anyways i plan on making a trip down there.. I'm around 20 min south of Canton. So its goin to be a bit of a trip. Curious if anyone has any advice on tatics. Not looking for a spot just some tips to help me get started not expecting much my 1st time out on a new lake. but any advice would help. How far of a walk is it to fish? been hearing a lot about sleds and quads. New to me. only experienced that on erie. So if anyone has any input i would greatly appreciate it. More than willing to help anyone on any lake that im familiar with as well. I can put ya on fish and give ya some of the best advice on the lakes i mentioned above.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
A  bunch of us are getting together on Jan 8th at Indian Lake for an IceFishOhio Member get together. The spot we are meeting at is known for good Saugeye fishing. And yes, they use the same tactics for Saugeye that you would use for Walleye. The event starts at 7am, as you know you may want to fish at dawn for saugeyes so before 7am may be good but 7 should still be alright as sunrise on Jan 8th isn't till late.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Alright thanks banker. I'll have to PM one of you guys or dave for directions and what not here in the next day or 2. I'm sure i will join up with you guys on the 8th. Might come down the 7th for a lil fishing as well. and try and find a place to stay for the night. But thats just now in the works so we'll see. thanks again.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Anytime you want to come down we will hook you up. Just give me some notice. Buckeye has a crappie, Bluegill and perch bite and the saugeye are real slow. I think you might have the best bite right now at Berlin.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

let it freeze

• View Profile
Might have a chance to fish sunday what does Buckeye look like?

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
We are going to try it on Friday. I will post the conditions. Please be safe!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

freakofnature13

• View Profile
thanks for the honesty for the saugeye bite dave.. it definately will save me a trip till the bite turns on a bit...I will def keep my eyes on the reports and if you guys happen to get on em decent let me know. As i will do the same for you guys on berlin.

Vexilar