Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye Lake

fishingohio

• View Profile
Has anyone been on Buckeye this latey.  I am thinking about going there, but was wondering about the thickness of the ice.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think there is about 5 inches around Harbor Hills, I dont think they are going off of Fairfield Beach. I am sure we will get more info on it tonight.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

shroomhuntr

• View Profile
I was at Fairfield Beach yesterday afternoon, there is about 8 inches around the beach area. I could see open water towards the Marsh, use your best judgement. The fish did not cooperate with me.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
I fished Harbor Hills friday and saturday.  Ice 5 inches in 5-6 ft.  Caught 20+ gills each day some crappie peppered in as well and a few dinks.  Cold and snowey Sat with some brisk winds kept me from branching out too much.  Could see a shanty by the island over toward fairfield but have no idea of ice thickness there yet.  I might venture out there tommorrow with the spud bar and find out the conditions first hand.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

pete12

• View Profile
just got home from buckeye....fairfield has 5-7 in of black ice...saw open water near the marsh....talked to jim at the baitstore on thurs the 6th and he said there were a couple guys fishing the marsh on weds. the 5 th on 3 in......as for the fishing....it still stinks.....didnt see many fish caught

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Dangit pete... I was planning on going after work tomorrow for a couple of hours but now may change my plans.  I really would like to go check it out and am probably going to go anyway.  If anyone wants to go give me a shout.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Here are a few that Doug caught over at harbor Hills yesterday. 5 foot of water.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I see how you are, posted a pic of Dougs fish but no pic of my fish, and we all no if you took a pic of yours it would be just snow an ice. ;D Aw don't worry eventually even a blind squirrel finds a nut ::)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar