Ice Fish Ohio Forum

any safe ice

bradner32 · 29 · 20696

g

• View Profile
Ice is still fishable off Catawba either walking or on machines. Heard a 4 wheeler went through towards the cliffs. My friends went out 3 miles toward Green and 1 had 1 eater around 10 am. Said he was on 14 inches of ice and had a strong current moving through.Will post more when I hear.

EYEFISHER2

• Dustin
    • View Profile

Weve got 2 for 3 of us so far both about 28".  2.5 miles sw of green

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Fishin sucked but ice was good. Out of catawaba.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

fishingful

• View Profile
Was 1.24 out in 23 foot no fish strong west to east current no fish. Fished 330-5 be back out in the morning if you see a green quad with a life ring on the front of it that's me.

trapperjon

• View Profile
damn jim ...... guess I won't call you and tell you to come out to nimi in the morning, bull gills  :o  LOL good luck tomorrow but most of all BE SAFE.  send me some pix if ya get'em  JON

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
We're you in the gills at Nimi today?  Going somewhere Monday, trying to figure out where!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishingful

• View Profile
Yea decided to come up and try for some gators. I am a little bluegilled out lol be back on an local lake Monday.

FYI there was a watercraft officer 2 ODNR and a state park guy checking people today at catawba state park. stay legal.

old man

• View Profile
hello, was on ice at resthaven,castalia. today. ice thick .south pond no luck. north pond better, deeper maybe. went to east harbor and zero folks there.went to state park access in catawba and lots of folks on quads and snowmobiles, also saw folks being checked so play safe and by the rules, shakedown trip for me to check gear etc. thanks for all the help and items folks you have helped me with. I saw a couple of folks today with the most gear ive ever saw on a quad. est wtght at about 800lbs to 1000lbs! with 2 riders and gear. pretty small footprint for that much wtg. no sled either just all tied on to quad. airboats were active too.

old man

• View Profile
fyi  there will be a ice breaker in west basin lake erie on Monday jan 20th. I understand its to free up ice to move construction items from mainland to one of the islands. will be likely used ahead of a ferry or transport barge. likely disrupt ice near islands .

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
No ice breaker coming.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

bradner32

• View Profile
i still havnt been able to get yet.the ice breaker story had me worried.i will be out next saturday.you guys are doing a great job on keeping everybody informed on ice conditions and what the bite is thanks everyone for all the info

hearttxp

• View Profile
i still havnt been able to get yet.the ice breaker story had me worried.i will be out next saturday.you guys are doing a great job on keeping everybody informed on ice conditions and what the bite is thanks everyone for all the info

http://pibdaily.com/2014/01/19/hph-mechanical-places-put-in-bay-ice-breaking-on-hold/

ice breaking called off till further  notice. Thanks to all who complained,

Popeye

• View Profile
Out today fish quit biting once wind started bowing.  Fishing 27 fowfirst a lot of scum in water no fish.  Once we got away from scum we got into some fish in 10 inches of ice.  Just under 3 miles out.

old man

• View Profile
my fault, no ice breaker just a tug from Cleveland to assist ferry to move construction items, good lesson to never repeat whats over heard in a ummmm place of beverages. scheduled for Monday or Tuesday weather permitting. schedule posted on great likes marine site

Vexilar