Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bass Fishing

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
For those of you that don't know me I am a semi professional bass fisherman and also love to ice fish. Well a little recap of my season so far is 17th place at indian  17th at mesquito  7th place ohio river and 18 ohio river. I am currently leading the buckeye division in points and have 1 tourney left hopefully can keep it going and finish 1st then on to Maryland for the  regionals at Chesapeake bay so if you have any advice for bass on Chesapeake would be appreciated thanks dan
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
kudos  on the great run with the tourneys, even though I lived on Chesapeake I usually fished for stripers or blue fish,  wish I had just a little of your finesse.. :D so good fishin buddy .....ps    I used to use mumpas  for bait  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I fish bass semi pro too.  This has been my best year yet with 2 wins and 5 top5's in two circuits.  PM me and I'll send you a pic of what has helped me so much this year.  It's a stupid looking thing, but the bass tear it up, especially if the visibility is good for them.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
kudos 2  you also slab  ;D   so keep up  the bass bashing  I just catch them by accident  :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's the pic of the magic worm.., half a strike king zero, with a spinner tail!  Tears em up!.... ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Keep it up firefish!!

How do you attach that spinnerblade?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's how.  Take a Florida rig screw lock, pinch a small barrel swivel on the open end, then attach a small split ring to the other end of the swivel,  then put spinner blade of choice on split ring.  Thread that into the butt of your half worm and you're ready to go.  You can buy everything you need to make about 50 of those for about $20 from Jann's  Netcraft

Team Wilcraft!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Neat bait Joel! How do you work it? What pound line?

Also, Firefish, Pete Gluszek who has qualified for the Classic a few times guides on the Chesapeake. I can check with him to see what he can do for you.

Call me.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I work it like a Senko, on either 6 or 8 pound line depending on water clarity.  This works best with a Strike King Zero because they're tougher than a Senko. The bass can rip the spinner out of the Senko pretty easily but it stays in the Zero forever.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's an exploded view of my setup.

Team Wilcraft!

wis2ohio

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
O yes!! ;D :-*

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar