Ice Fish Ohio Forum

cell phones and ice fishing combo

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 I went out after work today for about 1 hr and 15 minutes, the 55 minutes I spent punching holes and searching for crappies up and down a channel, when I finally settle in on a promising spot here comes a guy with a phone attached to his ear , he's standing beside me and I can't figure out if he's talking to me or the damn phone so I go back to doing my thing, well he decides to drill 2 holes about 6 feet and 6" away from me , the entire time he's either talking to me or the thing attached to his ear and I have no clue and really didn't give two sh*ts anymore, well about 15 minutes of chatter box confusing me I decided I had enough and packed it in, chatter box walked off the ice with me , talking I assumed to the ear piece . When I paked up he did finally look me in the face and asked me, " tough day Huh" I guess I was a bit rude for not answering any of his questions....

toadfish

• View Profile
I would have done the same thing.  It takes a pretty big pair to ask you to drill him some holes so close to you.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

g

• View Profile
Some people have no common sense, respect or courtesy towards other people. Wonder how he would have felt and reacted if you would have done that to him.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a classless lack of etiquette.  Ice fishing is a social activity for the most part. But there are unwritten rules. Would you pull your boat beside someone else's and start talking and fishing. Likely not. I enjoy socializing on the ice, but not being drilled on a couple feet away. Especially if someone doesn't ask.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

firemedic17

• View Profile
yea little common sense goes a long way towards being a good ice fishing neighbor.

Downthehole

• View Profile
They say that multitasking causes dementia.......prime case here methinks!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
cheap trick on his part   :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar