Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 04:38:54 AM

Author Topic: 2-23 Indy  (Read 4035 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
2-23 Indy
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »

Did you ever have one of those days when e1 around you is catching fish and you cant even get a bump, well that's my song of the day. We started out at blackhawk before sun up my buddy caught 1 pretty quick right behind me, then 2 guys showed up fish 4 old holes and within a half hour they had 2 each, so I did the smart thing they caught theirs on a pink sweedish pimple and my buddy caught his 2 on yellow/ orange vibe e , I rigged my poles with the same, nothing notta zilch. We then moved to the bridge @ Long Island around 9am fished there for a hour with nothing, my buddy started giving me crap about not catching a thing and about taking him to dead water , we moved to North Fork to try for crappies and blue gills , found some old holes started to fish and I noticed a guy getting crappies and then my buddy started gettin them, me notta zilch ,then the sun popped up and it was like turning on the feeder, e1 started getting some good sized crappie pretty steady , me notta zero zilch, the sun went behind the clouds and the feeding switch was off, they slowed way down. So we took a break went to lunch to come back around 4 and hook up with another group of co -workers. We hit the ice fished till dark then  pooled all our fish together(5 of us) at the end of the day in all we had 40 crappie 3 eyes and 10 nice gills my throw in the pot 1 10" crappie and a whole lotta complaining. I'll never hear the end of this for a while. To top off the day 1 of my rod tips got broke off on a new pan fish rod  ??? >:(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:07:36 PM by wapak ice dawg »

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Re: 2-23 Indy
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »

I'm sure Holhisle can relate! ::)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

some days are just better than others. maybe next time.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »

You had a day like CRV did a few trips back. I had a limit and he could not buy a bite. Then last weekend i caught 2 right off the bat. The crying about getting skunked again rang over Dunn's pond. He did escape the skunk with a couple of dinks. CRV can teach you how to handle all the joking around that you will receive from your buddies. I think he has a class available on Friday nights.

All joking aside it happens all the time. I fished with Doug Stewart in the same shanty with the same bait and he caught 4 and i did not even get a mark. It happens to us all. Very Frustrating. 

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:30:45 PM »

Yes I can you get up at 5am get you coffee ready for the 1 1/2 hour drive up to the lake thinking this is your day to catch your limit.than the next thing you know its been 3hrs.and your marking fish but they just won't bite.You throw everything you have in your tackelbox at them and still not hitting so you move after you drilled enough holes that seems like you could sink you and your shanty.I some times think that I'm the only 1 that gets skunked in the world of fishing.Did I say fishing thats what it's called not catching Damn it! Than you move to the other side of the lake for the rest of the day and as you see the sun set and look in your bucket and see no fish You tell yourself it still beats A GOOD DAY AT WORK!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »

It surely beats working and remeber they can't ice fish in the middle east.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar