Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 12:24:24 PM

Author Topic: 1/4/2011 ice report  (Read 2962 times)

LOST TACKLE

• View Profile
1/4/2011 ice report
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:56:42 PM »

anyone have a update on the ice conditions around the lake

Dockdabber

• View Profile
Re: 1/4/2011 ice report
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »

Going down to IL tomorrow  Hope to get on the Ice

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Re: 1/4/2011 ice report
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »

Went out of Blackhawk on 1/4 from 7am to dark.  This all day adventure yielded only 2 dink eyes at first light, 1 monster perch by Doug Stewart and a few gills.  We were mainly targeting eyes but there seemed to be a fairly decent crappie/gill bite if you were in the right spot.  As for the ice...5 inches and treacherous! Wear your spikes or pad up real well to break the fall.  The wind really kicked up bad around noon till dark making it even harder to get around.  All in all it was great getting out but don't think the warm up helped the fishing.

As you get out past the island a little ways there is a pressure crack. Out past the points was a stretch of open water so don't be expecting to hit your favorite deep spot unless you have scuba gear lol.  I did venture about 100 yds past the pressure crack but that was good enough for me till things tighten up a bit.  I heard that Long Island was fishable but did not see it for myself so this is hear say.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR OWN ICE as things are less than ideal.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:43:20 PM by hardwateraddiction »
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar