Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Went to Hoover last night

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I went off the rocks at the dam to try for Saugeye.

i was throwing a Smithwick suspending jerkbait.

i did not get a saugeye but did hit 3 largemouth bass with the largest going 3lbs.

Going to try again tonight. I did see a couple guys with a stringer of crappie and 1 saugeye.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's good stuff there guy, I bet your heart rate went up when that first fish hit   hahah    ;D I know the walleye are starting too hit up along lake erie at night along the break walls...I have been getting steelies and some jumbo perch up at the break walls on bait....the wallys are taking husky jerks ..but the weather has been really turbulent up there making fishing really tough....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Keep us posted. I know these fronts keep coming through and making it hard to fish up there. Would still like to come up and give it a try.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah I know the weather has been rough but  I still go . I didn't go last sat due to a death in the family, and my buddy jon  caught 25 jumbo perch off the wall. your welcome to come up.  its all good until the water temp drops some more, but I will post what is goin on...and this spring when the weather lets me put my boat in come on up . here is a nice view of Cleveland  and some tasty perch

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey sno cone keep us posted me and my buddy would like to join you on a weekend if you dont mind
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i don't mind a bit , would be glad to pull some perch with ya...I live north of akron in the falls  .. I have a 17 ft crestliner w/  a 90  merc.. sometimes launch out of lorain, or Cleveland, or wildwood..it just depends on where the fish are biting... or just how far I feel like driving...haaha...sat im headed to lorain and fish the wall for some perch, and maybe an eye, or trout...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Awsome, we r not far from ya im in wadsworth, my buddy is in north canton, let me know what time and  we will see if we can meet up
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar