Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Things looking up?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just looked at 15 day forecast.  Looks like starting next Saturday accuweather says 6 straight days of lows around 10 and highs of 26.  May have a season after all!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wis2ohio

• View Profile
My fingers are crossed that we get some ice real soon this sitting at home stuff is getting old real fast.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I've given up on accuweather lol last time they said that this year it was 40's and rain!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'm not holding my breath.

The ice fishing season is a bust.

As much as I'm yearning to get out, my enthusiasm has diminished considerably.

Thoughts of putting the ice gear away have already crossed my mind., but I'm still holding out hope to get out a few times.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Still hoping, but more and more I think this hardwater year is over.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Maybe we should all put our gear away then the ice will come the ice gods know that we want ice so they wont give it to us till we put our stuff away.

panfisher1402

• View Profile
Hope They are right. I bought a new Strike Master lite power auger this season and have not drilled one hole with it.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
its probably my fault. had my shanty in the back of the truck since october. i got pschysd up early this year.  may have jinxed it.  sorry guys
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Bryan

• View Profile
I withdrew my scheduled vacation time for the first 12 days of Feb yesterday. I guess I'll use it for something fun at some other point in the year. :(
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Know the feeling, my optimism is waning too.  At this point I'm only hoping for 2 weeks of safe fishable ice, and I think we'll be fortunate to get even that.  Doubt we'll be having the panfish event on the 5th.  Don't think that we'll have safe ice.  Still holding hope for the  Mogadore event, that lake freezes fast if we can get some cold weather in here.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

mikeL

• View Profile
We can only hope
But you might have better luck if you put everything away for the year.
Pro staff

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
ill try that
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

OldSailor

• View Profile
  Just ran a pond check in my area and was greeted by whitecaps rather than ice!!! All the rain flooded the ponds and took the ice out! I'm pretty discouraged right now!! It's the end of January for goodness sakes!! >:( :'(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tell me about it!  First week of Feb not great either.  Looks like not till next weekend will things get cold.  Any progress made tonight will be lost by Tues with temps up to 50.  Sick of it!  Took all my ice gear out of my truck.  Haven't put it away in the basement yet, still in the garage, but am starting to get discouraged.  I think we'll fish for sure, but I'm doubting Erie and some of the other big lakes.  Thinking it's going to be a small shallow lake and pond season.  That's it.  Still holding out for Mogadore though!

Team Wilcraft!

mikeL

• View Profile
Might as well head north if you want to get any fishin.
Pro staff

Vexilar