Ice Fish Ohio Forum

"Thumped" the blue gill on a pond in Grove City

Banker · 6 · 5649

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Well, I went for 20 minutes to try my new thumpers from crappielures.com under my new Gapen bobbers (thanks slabslayer for the tip) caught two in 20 minutes using dead waxies. not a bad trip. Wind was blowing bait fish and game fish into one corner of the lake so I eneded up fishing the wrong side. That's how we learn.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Went to the same pond today with the same tackle -Vicious 6lb line, 1/16 oz thumper and waxies but this time let my waxies sit overnight in Little Atom Crazy Dust which is now on sale here http://www.yourbobbersdown.com/ Daughter and I thumped the gills again 2 fow 6 ft from south end of pond. Goos SW wind pushing all the bait fish to the NW side, if I didn't have my daughter there with me I would have been there. Too cold for her :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good, glad to hear that. Glad you liked the bobbers too!!  P. S.  did you get your jigs yet?  Do you like them?  Promise you won't hurt my feelings either way! ;D. I like feedback on how to improve them.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
No, I didn't. Hopefully they didn't get lost in the mail. I will give a true field test and give honest feedback. My presentation was too light for the bobbers I got. Fishing in 2 fow so I can't tie a lot of jigs on. Will be happy to use them in 20 fow next week. Can't decide if i want to fish a spillway, pond, river, or reservoir....so many options in central ohio..hmm
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I hope not. I've had 2 shipments lost in the mail in the past year.  Yours would be the third. I'll start on a replacement shipment tomorrow morning and ship it delivery confirmation sometime next week when the clear coat is dry. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Some mailman is cleaning up on the crappie with your lures it seems :) Sorry about that.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

Vexilar