Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hamlin Lake ice fishing tournament postponed until February!!!!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
February 3 & 4, 2012
The former NAIFC Tournament has a new name...The Michigan Ice Open on Hamlin Lake. Due to unforeseen ice conditions, the tournament has been moved from mid-January til February 3 & 4. If you've already registered, it will be transferred to the February event. If you cannot attend the new date, contact the Ludington/Scottville Chamber of Commerce for a refund. During this tournament, anglers will head out on the lake to fish for bluegills and crappies in search of the $6,000 prize (based on 50 entries).

Changes this year include fishing on Saturday rather than Sunday, and a "Learn to Fish" session on Sunday. Registration fees have been lowered from $200 to $120, and participation is limited to the first 100 teams to register. Go to www.MichiganIceOpen.com to print off an online form. Registration is available online until December 1; teams can register until January 9.

Schedule of Events

Friday, February 3, 2012
Tournament Rules Meeting & Seminar, 6pm, location TBD.

Saturday, February 4, 2012
Michigan Open on Hamlin Tournament, 8am-2pm, parking area off Victory Park Road.
Michigan Open On Hamlin Weigh-In, 4pm, location TBD. Food and door prizes available.

Sunday, February 5, 2012
FREE Kids "Learn To Fish" Session, 10am-10:30am, location TBD.
Ice fishing 10:30am-noon, Wilson Hill Park, Upper Hamlin Lake.

A Ludington Area School Bus will transport participants to and from Hamlin Town Hall and Wilson Hill Park. This is being done in order to avoid congestion in the residential area.

Also check out the Hamlin Hookers Ice Fishing Tournament held February 11, 2012. Click here to read more about local fishing tournaments throughout the year.

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You should double check the site. I was registered for this tournament and they moved it to Croton Dam Pond. This is closer to us but about 50 miles. This is a smaller, isolated body of water.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
You should double check the site. I was registered for this tournament and they moved it to Croton Dam Pond. This is closer to us but about 50 miles. This is a smaller, isolated body of water.

Thanks, I wonder why they sent me that email???
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I wounder when they will postpone the Lake Maxinkuckee event?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm not fishing that tournament, but the lack of ice is frusturating all of us.  Been a long time since we've had a winter as warm as this one.  I hope it doesn't affect our Wingfoot event.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar