old reeler

• View Profile
Looking for opinons & experiences with these (good or bad) thanks

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I have never used one.

I have noticed on tv that it looks like the marks do not show up that clear but that could be that the camera doesn't pick them up well.

Maybe someone has one that could comment on them.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Don't know much about the showdown but the sonar's are awesome.
Marcum and Vexilar are like Ford and Chevy.  You have followers of both that love both.  My brothers best friend has a Marcum and it is very nice.

I have a Humminbird ICE 35 which does the job and it was cheap but I also have a handheld Marcum LXI which is mainly for finding depth without drilling but it does show fish abet not the like a sonar.

Good luck with your choice.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I dont own one but I have seen the showdown in action and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I prefer my LX-5 to the showdown but that is just my preference. The showdown showed a 1/80th oz. jig just fine along with all of the fish that were suspended in the water column. I would like to buy one myself for when I take other people out on the ice. I think that it a much easier unit to understand and more simplified then a flasher.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Showdown

• View Profile
I bought the Showdown Ice Troller last year. All i can say is that i am very pleased with this unit. I prefer it over any vex any day, its easy to use, and have never had a problem with it. The lines show up just fine and i cant tell you how many times i have set the hook before i even felt the fish! Absolutely worth the money (you need the pack that it sits in though, Works great)

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a buddy from work who'd like to get a relatively inexpensive finder. I've been using Vexilar for years and I naturally tend to gravitate toward three color radial flashers as a result.
I've seen these units in action and they don't truly match the performance of a three color flasher. However, they are fantastic for all that they are. Affordable, lightweight, simple and user friendly.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake