Ice Fish Ohio Forum

It's in the works..

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I'm an avid duck hunter.  When the waterfowl migrate, they stay ahead of the cold fronts.  You can generally tell cold weather is approaching when geese and ducks are on every puddle of water you drive by.  This week should start peak migration of waterfowl here in Ohio.  Skim ice is growing on every pond with these evening temps dipping.  I get pumped up when the birds are in full swing.  Good shooting for us waterfowlers, and knowing that when their gone south ice is around the corner.  This morning I limited out on ducks with my Dad.  So I predict the next two weeks will be it for ducks and we will be dragging our shantys to limit out on fish around Christmas.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm hoping for some small ponds and maybe shallower bays of lakes like Mogadore will freeze before christmas. :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lower daytime & nightime temps should start to reduce surface temps.

Maybe we'll be drilling holes by Christmas after all!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

g

• View Profile
i count on icefishing indian every year on christmas. hope this year is no exception.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
 Todays ALL DAY RAINS (Monday 12/5) aren't helping matters towards early ice.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar