Ice Fish Ohio Forum

vexilar vs lowrance

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I have owned my vex now for the 4th ice season, I would never leave home without it and would always swear by it. But today out on the ice I talked to a guy who has the Elite 4x chirp icemachine, now I'm not a salesperson  but this things does everything a vex does and more,  marking fish and showing your bait was the simplest thing it does, having a map with all the depths and names of all the Islands on Indian , saved gps coordinates , it takes the wondering out of how much water is below your feet before you drill a hole. I ice fish before sunrise and after sunset and sometimes your bearings are thrown off a bit with no visible land marks to assist in locating (your) hot spot. Plus the price is half that of a vex. I think by next ice season I will sport the Lowrance

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
1 other thing the lowrance does that a vex wont, and that is show the structure on the bottom

g

• View Profile
My friend has the elite 5 and loves it. His only complaint is using the gps really drains the battery.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I have both, and leave the Lowrance on my quad. I like the simplicity of the flasher for setup reasons. The Lowrance units seem to need tuned from day to day. I love the chart history, but most of all the GPS. I'm able to run 12+ hours on a 7ah battery.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
We will have the vex's and camera's for anyone wanting to see how they work in the IFO booth.

If someone has the Lowrance unit and wants to show the members that would be great as I have never seen one in person.

Hope to see you all at the expo this weekend.

David
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar