Ice Fish Ohio Forum

LockJaw Week

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My son, Nathan had one of his toughest weeks on the ice during this last week.  He's put in over 26+ hours on East Resevoir trying to get those elusive perch to bite.  Alas, the bite has been extremely slow and his bucket not nearly as full as he had hoped.  Sometimes, the bite has appeared non-existent. Yesterday, he fished 11am-4pm and had only 2 perch to show for his efforts.

Guess it's mid-season ice.  Hopefully the bite starts to turn for the better soon. I'll be drilling somewhere in the Portage Lakes Chain this Sunday.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The fishing has been off for panfish. I haven't got the gills and crappie this year like in years past. However the bass at portage have been on fire on more than one lake!  Weird year.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Agreed.  Very off year.  I'm not doing too hot either.  Hey but that's fishin and still fun. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Got something figured out today.  See my post PLX 2/6/15 for details.  Finally some big gills.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar