Ice Fish Ohio Forum

funny ice fishing story

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
was at nimisilla couple days ago when it was 0 deg but sunny, I had caught a couple gills and pitched them out the door of my shanty. the heater needed a new tank  so I popped the door open and surprise there stood 2 blue herons about 5 yards , there were slipping up to grab my fish, I have seen this before on mosquito but now its happening to me. so the birds had lunch on me that day buts that's ok ......even funnier when you leave and the crows drop in to see if you left any chow...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's funny!  I've never had it happen to me, but have heard the stories!   Is starting at Nimi now too!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
I've seen this many times, that's why I carry a plastic bag for my fish.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Had it happen to me at Nimi C5 last year. He just kinda hung out close and was waiting for me to leave. He thought I was leaving the fish on the ice and I wasn't in a shanty.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
thats funny,years ago i was ice fishing at osp(it wasnt old then)and had a muskrat shoot up my ice hole and into my shanty,scared heck outa me,looked around a few seconds and back down the hole.true story. :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:09:36 PM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey now a rat shooting out of the hole would freak me out, funny but freaky ....sure glad others have had that experience ......

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Was ice fishing Leesville 10 or so years ago for crappie and we were fishing by a underwater fall down tree.  Pulled up a foot long waterdog.  Weird to have a 12" salamander flopping around the shack.  Pretty neat animal.  We let him hang for a few minutes to watch em. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
I read an article in Readers Digest about a Dog on the Ice saw a Northern swim close to a hole in the ice and the dog went in after. then the dog could not find his way back out but went under someone shanty and came out of the hole in the
shanty and scared the fisherman half to death :o :o :o

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
dog? that's amazing

CrapPie

• View Profile
Musta been one of those new breeds they dont call mutts anymore. Im guessing a muskrat terrier or fisherdoddle. I think this fish story got outta hand.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Wish I kept that article. going from memory now. I think it was a lab. I do know it would have scared the C--- out of me! if it happened in my shanty.

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Would be funny to dress up like the kool aid guy and pop into shanties and yell oh yeah!!!! Or like Randy Macho man Savage and yell snap into a slimjim!!!
Ok so it wouldn't be funny if it really happened but I'm at work and the imagination is wandering. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Fishingoat if you deside to try this I would be more than willing to film it. :D Laugh at the thought.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Imagine the hits we'd get on YouTube! ! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok I just had a funny thought if someone was on the ice in a kool aid outfit and a big wind tumbles him across the lake....hehheheh

Vexilar