Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake Erie big fish!

Bryan · 8 · 4567

Bryan

• View Profile
Caught her last Friday, 28.5" didn't have a scale so no idea on the weight. Been a great year so far for hogs, this is the 4th "Fish ohio" I've got since February 1st!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

g

• View Profile
Sweet!!!! Way to go Bryan. Are you still fishing out by the islands? Coming up this weekend so hope they are still biting. Have been up two other weekends but have only caught 2 FO's so far. Hope to get some good eaters to keep first then go looking for the sows. Keep it up and let your mom get a few pigs.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Very nice save some for me, I will be up this weekend.  Hope the bite is on!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
 :D Happy you did so well. I might catch one if I leave the house, or skip some of my meetings.  Nice to see, and thanks for sharing picture. I plan on fishing small pond on Friday. Big Gills and average bass.

Bryan

• View Profile
Thanks guys!

Hey g, I was actually fishing between A-can and B-can. I'm fishing again this weekend, probably be my last hoorah on the frozen big pond.
I have to get a lot of "to do's" to get done this month...airplane annual inspection due, prepping the big boat for launch, getting the starter for the boat overhauled, and most excitedly...installing a used (new to me!) 4 stroke Mercury kicker!
Yes sir March is going to be a busy month, but I can't wait to get the trolling gear back out and chase after those post spawn fish! Last year I took 110 walleye over the rails of my boat...this year's goal is 150! (we eat a lot of walleye in our house and not a morsel gets wasted...ever)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:38:46 PM by Bryan »
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

g

• View Profile
Thanks for the info Bryan. This will probably be my last ice excursion to Erie this year too. Won't be long and it will be time to get the boat ready. Hopefully the fish will be hungry this weekend. Good luck this weekend and be safe.
                                                                                              Grant

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
great fish,wtg
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Bryan

• View Profile
Thank you holehopper!

Grant...where are you launching from? We're going from Turtle Creek and heading to A-can for starters.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Vexilar