Ice Fish Ohio Forum

anyone find the crappies yet?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just curious if anyone had been catching the crappies up shallow yet?  I don't want details or your secret spot, just a lake name and generalities if crappie are shallow yet!  Thanks!  :-)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well its a good thing those crappies aren't hiding with the results from the panfish series you have been promising to post because you would never find them!! ;D :o
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Results posted!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Finally!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I'm going out wed. Probably indian or st marys. Will post report. Haven't heard much from anywhere else in sw ohio area, so we'll see

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
waiting to hear how you did on Crappies so I might try Kiser out. I would love to have a fish sandwich of the freshwater sort and not trout. I am getting tired of eating them.  :D

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Fished st marys yesterday. Eastern end of the lake. 3 of us fished from about 9 till 6. caught well over 100 crappie but only 21 keepers. Had some real hogs tho!!! Probably kept another dozen nice gills. Color didn't seem to matter a whole lot but pink was probably the best. Also chartreuse smoke and purple produced fish. Good luck. If you hit kiser let me know how you do. PS I am hearing rumors of excellent night bites for crappie right now. May get out some glo jigs and try it this weekend

g

• View Profile
Went to Caesar Creek Wed. with a buddy in his boat. Only one ramp is usable, rest are out of the water while they work on putting in the marina. Caught 10 keepers, biggest was 12 1/2 inch. Used #2 jigging raps with small minnows. Fish were 16 to 20 feet in 25 to 28 feet of water. Bite was slow but weather was beautiful. If I can't ice fish, I still enjoy artificial ice fishing on soft water. Going to give it a try again Sun.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
G do you know how long they are gonna have the water drawn down at caesars? I had heard until may. Gonna make an interesting crappie season down there.last year was phenomenal. Limited about every trip in April and may with nice crappie. was hoping to slam em again.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:39:30 AM by 30inthabucket »

Vexilar