Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where to go ?

ICE COLD

• View Profile
Wow first post in a new forum. Well about 10 of us were plannig a trip to Chautauqua Feb. 8-12 but it doesn't look ilke the ice is going to be real great there so it looks like Michigan here we come. Any suggestions? We have been to Houghton before but looking for somewhere a little closer.

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Just got off the phone with my buddy who lives up near Houghton. Says this weekend 1/27-29 2012 is Tip up town festival so probably want to avoid Houghton this weekend. However this was about the best lake around now and about as far south as you want to go, for ice and fishing. However, he did say they had spots of thin ice but they will be well marked after the tip up town festival. Guys were out shallow for perch on the east side of Saginaw Bay shallow for perch. But if you have travelled to Saginaw it's not much farther to Houghton with better ice IMO.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:38:59 PM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Check Out www.fletcherslanding.com. They have 10 inches of ice. Good rates. Not closer though.

Let them know you found them on IFO.

I was thinking about getting a group to go up also.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

fish master

• View Profile
    • facebook
where you located?

Wow first post in a new forum. Well about 10 of us were plannig a trip to Chautauqua Feb. 8-12 but it doesn't look ilke the ice is going to be real great there so it looks like Michigan here we come. Any suggestions? We have been to Houghton before but looking for somewhere a little closer.

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
Love Fletcher's and jacks landing!
Dave shoot me a message if you go

Vexilar