Ice Fish Ohio Forum

6lb Smallie

Guest · 10 · 7481

Walleye_Wacker

Weighed this one, he was 6lbs on the bathroom scale and is swimming in my pond with the others. Nice catch

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
nice hog russ
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Very nice piggie!
I figured smallies like that only existed in Erie locally.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Nice fish Russ. MDBuckeye  there some that size in some quarries and also in Alum, they are in there I have caught some very nice smallies at Alum fishing at night. I have never broke the 6# mark there but have come close. I have a friend who has caught a 6# plus fish there.
turkey09

riverrunt

• View Profile
Smallzilla!!!!Yeah i heard of one guy that caught a 7 lb plus smallie at alum

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
riverrunt - not to say it didn't happen but I would have to see it to believe it.  Smallmouth over 6lbs aren't common at all on non-Erie waters let alone up on the big lake.  Are there probably smallies that big?  I guess there could be but with the way the water levels change at Alum I have a hard time seeing anything over 6 coming from there.  Just my opinion...

riverrunt

• View Profile
the guy who caught it was elmer heyob the president of the ohio huskie muskie clubs dad.I thought he caught it on some muskie lure but im not sure on that

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I'm with you on this one riverrunt. There may not be number's but there are 6 plus lb smallies in there.
turkey09

fishingislife

• View Profile
riverrunt - not to say it didn't happen but I would have to see it to believe it.  Smallmouth over 6lbs aren't common at all on non-Erie waters let alone up on the big lake.  Are there probably smallies that big?  I guess there could be but with the way the water levels change at Alum I have a hard time seeing anything over 6 coming from there.  Just my opinion...

Go to the bass tourny weigh-ins next year,   I seen alot of 4-5 pound smallies come to the scales.   Once in awhile a 6 pounder comes in.   Smallies are the ones that win alum creek bass tournies most of the time!

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
Very Nice......
Gaff its not just for chicken...

Vexilar