Ice Fish Ohio Forum

eagles,eagles everywhere

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i know its not about icen a bunch of fat fish but seems like its worthy mention  ;D everywhere i go it seems like I'm seeing eagles. berlin,wingfoot,milton,springfield,hudson,walborn,meander.  :D it has become a welcome sight and i look for them now....its really great  ;D a few years ago i only spotted them when i was in Illinois ...my last sighting was wingfoot sat fishing.....but just wanted to mention about our eagles making a comeback :D ;D 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I see them quite a bit actually.  I was driving down 23 toward Lewis Center south of Delaware and saw one over the Olentangy.  Also saw a few up on the Scioto this fall.  Pretty cool to see them coming back.  Now for our ice...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I always enjoy seeing the eagles. I have only seen them at wingfoot and deer creek. I much rather watch them then the damn blimp land and take off all day. It was cool the first day. When its all the time and those loud motors get to me after awhile. All you hear is that buzzing all day. Its almost as bad as listening to a vex all day. ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
The Eagles are always around my house. Have two nests within a mile and probably 10 within a close radius. They are forsure on the comeback and beautiful to see!!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
There numbers will start to decline again if they continue to snatch up babys and try to eat them. lol  ;D
Golden Eagle Snatches Kid
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Nimi has some eagles to,and nest sites.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
It's great to witness them in the wild . I think we're lucky to have them around.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've seen them at West Branch and had a pair fly right over my head when I was fly fishing for trout on the Mohican River.  It is a wonderful sight, they're so cool to see!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
They are a beautiful sight , plus they  fish , can't beat that .

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
On a side note I have two Carolina Wrens at my feeder every day this winter.  Never had those type of birds before and we live right on the woods.  I thought they migrated south for the winter maybe I'm wrong but they are in for a nice surprise the next couple of days!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

floater99

• View Profile
Ive seen EAGLES while stlhd fishing the Rocky Rvr twice this year.They are very majestic birds. 8)

skunkedagain

• View Profile

g

• View Profile
I've seen eagles down her around dayton area too. nice to see they are making a comeback. hopefully they won't over populate and become a nuisance like alaska.

Vexilar