Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weekend Update

davek · 10 · 4887

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Wasnt sure i wanted to start a new topic but I hope you all enjoyed your day fishing like i did The boys and I spent  6 hours on the ice today (would have been longer if it hadnt got dark) which is a feat in itself with a 7 and 8 year old. We got into a pile of perch none of any size but gosh we had fun. hope everyones day on the ice was as rewarding. Teach a child to fish    Dave

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Sound like everyone in Ohio had a slow weekend this weekend - good to hear the fishing in Wisconsin was better- hopefully it travels.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Team Mac

I met a few guys from the findley area yesterday at dunns...One guy was new to ice fishing and he had his son with him...They were good guys...I wish the bite would of been better yesterday so he and his boy could of got a few...Spent about 45 minutes with them and i hope i helped...But with the bite down it was tough yesterday...I think the crappies have been hit so hard there that they are just not going to bite much...May need to start exploring for some new spots...I wont be able to get out till next weekend...But i will be looking for spots that dont get fished...

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I agree Ive been going after unpresured fish latley,but lets also remember its mid ice.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
its the barometric pressure, went out to a little pond last sunday and got bit real good[no keepers but it was fun]. anyway the baro was rising that day and today steady baro at first then falling after 2pm.  only 2 fish caught. course i,m not saying anything you guys don,t already know. those bluebird days are not always the best for wetting a hook. one other thing, i need a new fishing buddy. i,m gonna have to fire the one i got, went to kiser on sat , only got to fish an hour cause his wife calls  and ol snookums has to go home.  would'nt have been so bad if we had not drove i guess 60 miles one way and this was the second time she called him off the water..  no really i kid  but i told him i was gonna rag on him bout it.  gotcha patrick
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It was a tough weekend for us also. I was able to get out and that was goog enough for me. I was able to meet 3 new members and look forward to fishing with all of them again.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I'm a hater on cell phones, I know they have a good use and are well intended,but I had the same problem Saturday 1 of the guys I was with kept getting calls after calls from his wife, he finally went home and when he got there he started calling the other guy I was with to see if we caught anything. I have a cell but I always turn it off and I do check it every now and then but my wife knows not to call unless something is wrong ,I do check in with her every now and then especially in early ice.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
r u guys fishing with banker too? ::)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I keep my phone on, but it's in an inside pocket in a ziplock bag.. I had to ask Dan to check the time for me the other day, not worth all that digging.

He got 3 good eaters on saturday morning before I left, he let the kid I brought with me (from Florida) hold 2 fish for the camera because we weren't really getting any.

Left Indian and had a great afternoon at the farm pond. They were hit and miss, had to drill a lot of holes to get on them. I made a short video showing the vex 18 and hot to use a spring bobber. I hope to have it posted sometime this week. I have to get it off of my DVD-RW and into movie maker.

Good Fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

hang_loose

• View Profile
Never know when an emergency might happen at home. I'd keep it on then tell them not to call unless it was.

Vexilar