Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What can improve on the website

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey Guy's,

I am already thinking about next year and what we can do to improve the site.

We will be changing the demo day's to kids events.

We will be adding more panfish tournaments at Indian.

I like the on line tournament format but we need more participation to attract more sponsors.

We also need more forum members and Pro Staff members to report on the lakes with little activity. Please pass this on to every Ice Fisherman you meet.

Please let me know what we need to ad or change.

Thanks
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

hang_loose

• View Profile
This is my first year ice-fishing and have only been twice (friends farm pond). I'd like to see a beginners thread that shows (pictures and videos) on how to use the ice fishing poles and that thing they call a vex. Also some pics or vids on shanties (inside and out) plus the sleds they are pulled on. I'm talking about how the shanties pack up on sleds or even the ones built on sleds.

Thanks for putting up with me.......(newby)

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Hang Loose,

I think Everything you mentioned is on the site already but not under one location. I will have to see about putting it together in a New To the Sport Thread. I like the Idea and will implement it.

Thanks
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Dave I think you've done a great job with the web site, the only thing I would like to see in the future is something that could identify us when were out on the ice, maybe a patch , a sticker or something.  I think this is a great site we don't have all the bs the other Indian lake web site has, I 've met several people who are on this site and it gives me a quick place to look when  I'm headed to the lake. Keep up the good work you've got something good going here.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Wapak, I woul like to find a source for stickers and a flag. FireFish found a good source for embroidered Hats. If anyone has a source for stickers that can go on a windshiled and shanty, just let me know.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
David I googled bumper stickers and there are a lot of options below is one link
http://www.makestickers.com/home.asp?gclid=CJ2U3PuM958CFRcdawodhyuuXw

For a flag the flag lady flag store on N High St   614 263 1776
 Ithink its a great idea Dave

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Site is good Dave! I do need to report more, just low on time as we all are :(
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

capt scott

• View Profile
dave the site is good, i would like to see some links to weather sites and satalite(?) images on erie. for weather maybe a link to noaa. just my two cents. sorry about the spelling. ;D

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I love this site- a bunch of guys really excited about the sport and I notice more partnering on this site than the others- guys joining together to ice fish safely which is why I subscribe - by the way thinking I may have a week of so of Shanty 2 Share coming up- more dets to come.

Final Analysis- the site is fine the way it is- if I were to add anything it would be more content on what is being caught where. But that will come with more members and less skunks. If you build it they will come- David you have built it and they will continue to come. ]

Thanks for the great site! 8)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Guys,

I have ordered 50 four by eight stickers. I have to get a cleaner logo to them. I should have them in 10 day's. Cost $4. I will also get some flags. Thanks Dave K for the help.

We have a 7 day weather forcast on the bottom of the home page. I will look into getting the satellite images for Erie posted. Great suggestion Captain Scot.

Keep em coming guys.

Thanks
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have added a link withe the Great lakes ice coverage under lake Erie Reports and conditions. If you see any more good links please let me know.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
Jammin Jigs

JustNutts

David im very happy with the first ever icefishohio. Seems like we have some really great people involved. What I would like to see are more tournaments with more kids and familys. Seems like the tournys this year were kind of a bust, but the weather hasnt been on our side either. I see all the tournys in WI and I can see Ohio growing into that with the help from our members and Pro Staff.
http://www.usaiceteam.com/

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Thanks Guys,

I have ordered 50 four by eight stickers. I have to get a cleaner logo to them. I should have them in 10 day's. Cost $4. I will also get some flags. Thanks Dave K for the help.

We have a 7 day weather forcast on the bottom of the home page. I will look into getting the satellite images for Erie posted. Great suggestion Captain Scot.

Keep em coming guys.

Thanks

Put me down for a couple of those stickers please- will pay for them when I see you next.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar